Digital Production Designer
Baltimore magazine is seeking a motivated web production designer to join our digital team. With our online department, you'll help us build and maintain an innovative web presence for America's oldest city magazine. We're developing great new products to match the quality of our print magazine, empowering our editorial content to shine, and creating exciting new revenue opportunities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Translating print content to our digital platforms in collaboration with our editorial team
- Creating microsites and event landing pages in collaboration with our marketing team
- Implementing feature-level advertising campaigns in collaboration with our sales team
- Working with the online team to make updates and improvements to our digital presence
- Performing tests to ensure cross-browser compatibility and usability
- Designing graphics and collateral for various promotions as needed
- Helping to shoot and edit video for web
You're a fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Web/Graphic Design or Interactive Media
- Expert experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, especially InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Experience with content management systems (i.e.: Craft or WordPress)
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility and page optimization
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen eye for design and a strong attention to detail
- A passion for new technologies, design trends, and enhancing the user experience
- Video production experience a plus (i.e.: Premiere or Final Cut)
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work on exciting new projects and features every month
- The chance to help redefine the role and design of a beloved magazine in the digital age
- Great coworkers and workplace, conveniently located on the water in Harbor East
- Competitive salary and benefits
To apply, please email your resume and online portfolio to email@example.com.
Integrated Advertising Executive
Baltimore magazine is seeking a motivated Integrated Advertising Executive to join the advertising sales team and grow new business across the print, digital and event sponsorship channels within the flagship magazine and Baltimore Bride. Responsibilities for this entry-level position include meeting individual sales goals, actively prospecting for and developing new business, and creating multi-platform integrated programs for advertisers. We are looking for someone who is ambitious, organized, self-motivated, and self-directed. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills and able to thrive in a high volume, fast-paced and team-oriented environment. Compensation package includes salary plus commission and company benefits. This position will report directly to the Director of Integrated Advertising and Sponsorships. Email cover letter (including compensation requirements) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating and presenting clients with customized, multi-platform marketing plans including print, digital and event sponsorship solutions.
- Identifying new sales opportunities and building strong relationships using a consultative approach.
- Meeting and exceeding monthly sales goals.
- Cold calling, prospecting and retaining new advertisers.
- Effectively communicating with and understanding the needs/marketing objectives of clients both large and small.
- Build positive and strong relationships with advertisers as well as decision makers through networking within the community to ensure a consistently strong representation of the brand.
- Proactively responding to requests for advertising and marketing proposals, distributing advertising information and gathering advertising assets.
- Executing and communicating weekly sales reporting.
- Analyzing and understanding the competitive marketplace and digital advertising trends.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Previous sales experience preferred but not required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Results driven with a desire to work in a fast paced and team-oriented environment
- Positive attitude, ambition, organizational skills and self-motivation
- Bachelor’s degree
- A passion for print, sponsorship and digital advertising trends
- Cold calling & negotiation skills
- High competency in MS office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
Please make sure to specify which intern period(s) you are applying for (Spring, Summer, or Fall). Editorial internship applicants should also include a brief cover letter and at least two writing samples in addition to a resume.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify everyone of their application status. We do, however, examine every application, and if you are being considered, we will contact you.
Send your resume to:
c/o [appropriate contact listed above]
1000 Lancaster St., Suite 400
Baltimore, Maryland 21202