Digital Sales Representative
Baltimore magazine is currently looking for an experienced digital sales representative to join our team.
- Ability to create custom advertising packages utilizing online display advertising, native advertising, email advertising, and lead generation.
- Work with the Print Sales team on developing digital programs for key and target accounts with a goal of increasing revenue across multiple properties and platforms.
- Work with marketers to understand their media strategy, goals, campaign objectives, and develop strategies to meet their goals.
- Oversee end to end execution of sales process- from signing to implementation, delivery, and results.
- Generate new leads by making cold calls, calling on inactive accounts, and maintaining awareness of new business.
- Consistent commitment to learning about the latest in digital advertising and marketing opportunities, trends, and technologies.
- Be a driving force in success of the company’s goals by achieving individual monthly sales budgets and goals as assigned by sales management
- Attend weekly sales meetings as required.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Baltimore magazine is America's oldest city magazine, celebrating Baltimore since 1907. Whether Baltimoreans want to know which crabhouse has the best hardshells or whether they want to read award-winning feature stories about prominent people, arts and culture, and sports, they know that Baltimore magazine offers the best coverage of the city.
Advertising Sales Representative
Baltimore magazine has an immediate opening for a smart, aggressive, and effective advertising sales representative with sufficient applicable experience to build and maintain a profitable account list that includes currently active advertisers.
The successful applicant will have a minimum two to four years of directly related sales experience, preferably in publications and/or other media, with a demonstrable record of success in a difficult economy. That record of success includes direct sales but should also document how the applicant has worked in a meaningful way with his/her client base to determine a client’s overall needs and the extent to which the applicant has become a meaningful part of the client’s advertising decision-making process. Sample replies prepared for a prospective client RFP, if available, will be part of the applicant evaluation process.
Web sales experience is an important component of the position from the outset and could be more meaningful as internal opportunities arise. As a result, the applicant should be able to demonstrate an ability to integrate print and web sales effectively on behalf of the client and the magazine.
A college degree or the equivalent is expected.
The applicant must be able to utilize sales software and to communicate effectively orally and in writing with clients and colleagues.
The successful applicant will be expected to establish an account list and to grow the account list and its results over a six- to twelve-month period by prospecting inactive accounts, developing new business, creating sales proposals, and managing the sales process from beginning to end.
To apply, please send a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.