Is it just us, or does Artscape always seem to fall on the hottest weekend of the year? (Huh, maybe it has something to do with the fact that it always takes places IN BALTIMORE IN JULY?) (ahem)
Anyhoo, today is the worst day of the weekend, with a projected high of 97 degrees (with conditions that feel like heated sludge).
Saturday’s high is a crisp 95.
And on Sunday, we have a veritable cold front, with a high of 90 degrees.
Here are a few tips for handling the heat (good luck with that!)
1. Wear light-weight, light-colored clothes in a natural fabric.
2. Hats are a good idea, too.
3. Hydrate A LOT. (But with water or a sports drink, not with alcohol or caffeine. Sorry guys.)
4. Whenever possible, find shade or step indoors.
5. If you can get to a faucet, run cold water on your wrists or a put a water-soaked cloth on the back of your neck.
6. Eat spicy food. (For reals! It helps you sweat, which is good.)
7. Bring a spritzer and spritz yourself, especially on the back of the neck.
8. For Pete’s sake, don’t bring your dogs!!!
9. But don’t stay home either because we all know what Artscape really stands for...