We here at Baltimore magazine are perennial optimists. So, reflecting on the cloud that is our Ravens' painful loss to the previously hapless Seattle Seahawks last night, we found some silver linings...
1. Seattle is a dreary place where it always rains. Our Ravens gave a lot of Seattleites a happy Monday for once.
2. After only 5 carries for 27 yards, Ray Rice should be well rested for next week's game against the Bengals.
3. Paired with the glowing 60 Minutes story about UMBC President Freeman Hrabowski right after the game, it showed that Baltimore has its priorities in order: We care about education, not a silly football game.
4. At least it wasn't the Steelers. (It wasn't even in the AFC—so it won't count as a tiebreaker.)
5. That time when the Seahawks guy tripped over the wires on the sidelines? That was funny.