And what are his fave hometown eats? The omnipresent Duff Goldman of Charm City Cakes revealed his five top Baltimore-area restaurant foods in the April issue of Food Network Magazine. What do you think?
1. Pulled pork BBQ sa“m”wich at Andy Nelson’s Barbecue in Cockeysville.
2. Cap’n Crunch French toast at Blue Moon Cafe in Fells Point.
3. Duck fat french fries at Salt in Canton.
4. Kaddo borwani (the pumpkin appetizer) at The Helmand in Mt. Vernon.
5. Shrimp, andouille sausage, and grits at Charleston in Harbor East.
On a more serious note, Duff is selling a custom-made cake on eBay and donating 100 percent of the proceeds to the Red Cross to assist with relief efforts in Japan. Here’s your chance to try a Charm City Cake while helping the distressed country, too. Bidding is already well over $1,000.
More Duff stuff: In the April issue of Baltimore magazine, on newsstands today, find out about Duff and his friendship with Mary Alice Yeskey, who will be filling a new role at Charm City Cakes in Baltimore while Duff heads west to open a bakery branch in Los Angeles.
Photo courtesy of Food Network.