Infusions have been all the rage this year. It's hard to walk into a bar that doesn't feature large carafes of liquor that have been infused with herbs, spices, or fruits. We even gave Best Cocktail to the Strawberry Martini at Vino Rosina with vodka that was infused with rhubarb, strawberries, and basil.
So for my holiday cocktail recipe this year, I want to feature candy cane infused vodka. It's pretty simple to make and turns out delicious. (Also makes a great gift!)
1. Use a jar with a tight seal. A mason jar or old pickle jar (thoroughly cleaned) both work well.
2. Place candy canes in jar. The ones without a hook are easier to work with.
3. Pour in vodka. Use a non-flavored one or else, what's the point?
4. Close jar tightly and store in cool, dark place.
5. The times for infusions vary, obviously. But you'll get flavor in three hours. I'd recommend two days for a more intense flavor.
6. Once you're ready to serve, strain the vodka into a martini glass (garnished with chocolate chips maybe) or it would be great in hot chocolate!
Enjoy and happy holidays!
[Image: courtesy of scarymommy.com]