Ok, so as you know by now I hit the American Craft Council show last week. I love wandering the aisles and seeing what captures my attention. There is a lot of great stuff and, well, stuff that really isn't my taste. Here are my Top 17 picks—I starred the local folk—from the show, in no particular order. —JED
*1.Dandelion Blu (by Sherry J Insley), left, hand-sawed and pierced copper lace shapes with opaque enamel.
2. Damian Velasquez's modern handcrafted furniture.
3. Elements Jill Schwartz jewelry (you can find at Red Tree and Whimsy.)
4. Wooden Specs Studio handmade wooden eyeglass frames.
*5. Greenstar Studio's new Folkies.
6. Wearble Jules felting scultpures.
7. Lisa Neimeth's hand-formed dinnerware.
8. Baldwin Toys' wooden airplanes and cars.
9. Giant Dwarf cloche hats (see my earlier post) and headbands.
10. Banansaurus Rex vintage goodies. (One of my faves!)
11. Justin Rothshank wacky ceramics. (Also at Red Tree.)
*12. Giselle Kolb jewelry designer.
13. Jenn Bell ceramics.
14. Erica Rosenfeld Designs glass jewelry.
15. Erin Moran Designs hand built pottery and jewelry.
16. Owl + Mouse textile designs (buffalo stuff.)
17. Sarah Loertscher's geometric jewelry.
(Image from Dandelion Blu.)